Dine Without Whine Weekly Recipes
by Christine Steendahl
Dine Without Whine
is the perfect tool to help your family enjoy stress free and nutritious
This Week's Recipes:
Makes 20 servings
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup milk
6 cups sliced peeled apples
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons water
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until
mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Combine egg yolk and milk; add to flour mixture. Stir just until
dough clings together. Divide dough in half.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough into a 15-in. x
10-in. rectangle; transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
baking pan. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, toss together filling ingredients; spoon over pastry
5. Roll out remaining dough to another 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle.
Place over filling. Brush with egg white.
6. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire
7. Combine the confectioner’s sugar and enough water to achieve a
drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm pastry. Cut into squares.
Serve warm or cold.
your membership to
Dine Without Whine, every Thursday You Receive In Your Personal E-Mail
Box A Complete Weekly Menu That Covers The Following Week (Monday-Sunday).
Personal Note From Christine
Recipes For Dinner Every Night Of The Week
Suggestions For Side Dishes
Ideas For Saturday And Sunday
Dessert Recipes To Be Used Anytime During the Week
addition Christine will include a grocery list (categorized by aisle) for
the week that includes all the necessary ingredients to prepare the
recipes highlighted in the newsletter! All you have to do is cross off any
items you may already have on hand - add breakfast, snack or lunch items
you may need and you're ready to shop!
Recipes will be fairly simple and family friendly - meaning hopefully your
children (or picky husband) will enjoy them as well; and they will include
ingredients that you have actually heard of. (You won't have to search all
over town for that special ingredient!)
Dine Without Whine - A Weekly Menu Plan & Grocery List Delivered To Your E-mail Box