Recipe: Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
by Rondi Hillstrom Davis and
Janell Sewall Oakes
18 large strawberries with the leaves left on
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Wash the strawberries and pat dry.
2. Cover a cookie sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
3. Place the chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Fill the bottom pan
with 1-inch of water. Simmer. Melt the chocolate, stirring only once or
twice until smooth.
4. Stir in the oil. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
5. Holding the strawberry by the leaves, dip it into the warm chocolate and
6. Let the excess chocolate drip off. Place the strawberry upside down with
the point in the air. This will prevent the chocolate from puddling on the
7. Lay the strawberry on the prepared pan and straighten the leaves. Allow
Continue with the remaining strawberries.
8. Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for no more than 24
hours. Better if made and eaten the same day. The chocolate will appear
matte when refrigerated and glossy when served at room temperature.
About the Authors: Rondi Hillstrom Davis and Janell Sewall Oakes are the
co-authors of the award winning book Together: Creating Family Traditions.
To check out their website that's jam packed with family ideas, visit
More Valentine's Day
Activities at Catholic Mom
CatholicMom.com Home Page