1 cup quick-cooking oats
3 1/2 cups milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
Strawberry Sauce (below)
1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Mix oats and milk in large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except Strawberry
Sauce. Beat mixture on medium speed until well blended.
2. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°. Grease heated griddle, if necessary. To test griddle,
sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right. For each pancake, pour 3
tablespoons batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until puffed and dry around edges. Turn and cook other
side until golden brown. Serve with warm Strawberry Sauce.
For Strawberry Sauce
1. Drain strawberries; reserve liquid. Combine liquid and cornstarch in small saucepan. Cook over medium
heat about 1 minute or until mixture boils. Stir in strawberries; cook 1 minute.
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
48 thin round chocolate mint patties
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease baking sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, stir flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a large mixer bowl at medium speed, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add sour cream, egg and
vanilla; beat until well blended. At low speed, beat in flour mixture until blended and no streaks remain.
Drop about 1/2 tablespoon of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
4. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are set and tops are soft-set. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute,
and then make "sandwiches" by placing one mint patty between two cookies. Place on a flat surface. When
mint patty melts slightly, gently press together. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Find more great family recipes and meal planning assistance at Dine Without Whine.
About the Author
We welcome guest contributors who graciously volunteer their writing for our readers. Please support our guest writers by visiting their sites, purchasing their work, and leaving comments to thank them for sharing their gifts here on CatholicMom.com. To inquire about serving as a guest contributor, contact editor@CatholicMom.com.