Gospel Activities for the First Sunday of Lent
Click on the links below to download each item:
- Sunday’s Gospel
- Coloring Page
- Lent Calendar 2009
- Mass worksheets - 7-10, 11-14
- Lesson Plan
- Word search - Puzzle
- Word Search - Solution
- Crossword Puzzle - Puzzle
Solution: 1. Mark; 2. desert; 3. Galilee; 4. forty
- Extra activities:
- Lenten Resources from CatholicMom.com
- Resist the Temptation File Folder Game (For Matthew 4:1-11)
- Directions- Print out Directions, cut it out, and glue on front of file folder.
- Game Board- Print out Game Board, trim, and glue on the inside of the file folder. Make sure the directions are on the front of the file folder. Laminate or cover file folder with clear contact paper to make it last. (2 Game Boards to choose from).
- Temptation Cards- Print Temptation Cards out on card stock. Cut out Temptation Cards. Laminate or cover with clear contact paper to make them last.
- Puppet/skit scripts at CatholicMom.com
- February CatholicMom.com Book Club selection
About the Author
Laura Grace writes our lesson plans from St. Nicholas Chapel at the Pax River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland. Visit Laura at her blog at The Catholic Toolbox. Elyse A. is a student who enjoys her faith and writing. Margaret Dwyer, a wife and mother of 4 children, lives in Easton, MA and runs Vacation Bible School at her parish in addition to teaching CCD and serving on the Pastoral Council. Margaret credits a friend's persistent urging to pray the Rosary and attend Mass during the week during a difficult time as a pivotal moment in her life, and feels called to bring Catholics to a deeper faith life by promoting the sacraments and the Rosary!