Gospel Activities for the Third Sunday of Lent
Click on the links below to download each item:
- Sunday’s Gospel
- Coloring Page
- Mass worksheets - 7-10 Corrected version, 11-14
- Lesson Plan
Note: both Gospel options are listed
- Word search - Puzzle
- Word Search - Solution
- Crossword Puzzle - Puzzle
Solution: 1. Temple; 2. marketplace; 3. Passover; 4. yes
- Extra activities:
- This Month's Book Club Selections
- Lenten Resources from CatholicMom.com
- Puppet/skit scripts at CatholicMom.com
- Engaging Your Children in the Way of the Cross Devotion
- Jesus Is Our Savior File Folder Game
- Directions - Print out Directions, cut it out, and glue on front of file folder.
- Game Board - Print out Game Board, trim, and glue on the inside of the file folder. Make sure the directions are on the front of the file folder. Laminate or cover file folder with clear contact paper to make it last.
- Game Cards - Use these Game Cards or make your own. Print Game Cards out on card stock. Cut out Game Cards. Laminate or cover with clear contact paper to make them last. Only use the questions that are age appropriate for your students.
- Tokens - Use these tokens or make your own. Print out several pages of tokens out on card stock. Cut out and laminate or cover with clear contact paper to make them last
About the Author
Laura Grace writes our lesson plans from St. Nicholas Chapel at the Pax River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland. Visit Laura at her blog at The Catholic Toolbox. Elyse A. is a student who enjoys her faith and writing. Margaret Dwyer, a wife and mother of 4 children, lives in Easton, MA and runs Vacation Bible School at her parish in addition to teaching CCD and serving on the Pastoral Council. Margaret credits a friend's persistent urging to pray the Rosary and attend Mass during the week during a difficult time as a pivotal moment in her life, and feels called to bring Catholics to a deeper faith life by promoting the sacraments and the Rosary!