Palm Sunday of the Lord's Passion
Click on the links below to download each item:
- Sunday’s Gospel
- Coloring Page
- Mass worksheet - 7-10
- Mass worksheet - 11-14
- Lesson Plan
- Word search - Puzzle
- Word Search - Solution
- Crossword Puzzle - Puzzle
Solution: 1. Judas; 2. Gethsemane; 3. Mark; 4. Thorns; 5. Barabbas; 6. Golgatha; 7. Peter
- Extra activities:
- This Month’s Book Club Selections
- Lenten Resources from CatholicMom.com
- Puppet/skit scripts at CatholicMom.com
- Engaging Your Children in the Way of the Cross Devotion
- Last Supper File Folder Game
- Directions - Print out Directions, cut it out, and glue on front of file folder.
- Game Board - Print out Game Board, trim, and glue on the inside of the file folder. Make sure the directions are on the front of the file folder. Laminate or cover file folder with clear contact paper to make it last.
- Question Cards - Use these questions or make your own. Print Question Game Cards out on card stock. Cut out Question Game Cards. Laminate or cover with clear contact paper to make them last. (Use only the questions that reflect your student’s abilities.)
- Judas the Betrayer Card Game
- Liar, liar pants on fire! File Folder Game
Intro - Do you think your Mom and Dad just want right answers? Or maybe they want you to give right answers and follow through on what you say you¢ll do? Lying is not telling the truth and when you say something and you do not do it, it is a lie. *There are two sets of Game Cards with this game.
- Directions - Print out Directions and keep inside file folder when not playing game..
- Game Board - Print out Game Board, trim, and glue on the inside of the file folder. Laminate or cover file folder with clear contact paper to make it last.
- Truth or Lie Game Cards - Print Truth or Lie Game Cards out in light green card stock.
- Situation Game Cards - Print Situation Game Cards out in light blue card stock.
*Use these Game Cards or make your own. Print Game Cards out on card stock. Cut out Game Cards. Laminate or cover with clear contact paper to make them last. Only use the questions that are age appropriate for your students.
- Tokens - Use these tokens or make your own. Print out several pages of tokens out on card stock. Cut out and laminate or cover with clear contact paper to make them last
About the Author
Laura Grace writes our lesson plans from St. Nicholas Chapel at the Pax River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland. Visit Laura at her blog at The Catholic Toolbox. Elyse A. is a student who enjoys her faith and writing. Margaret Dwyer, a wife and mother of 4 children, lives in Easton, MA and runs Vacation Bible School at her parish in addition to teaching CCD and serving on the Pastoral Council. Margaret credits a friend's persistent urging to pray the Rosary and attend Mass during the week during a difficult time as a pivotal moment in her life, and feels called to bring Catholics to a deeper faith life by promoting the sacraments and the Rosary!