Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time Click on the links below to download each item
- Sunday’s Gospel
- Coloring Page
- Mass Worksheets - Our friend Elyse is in the midst of moving to a new home. There will be no Mass Worksheets this week, but we hope to have them available for next week. Please say a prayer for Elyse and her family as they make this transition. Thanks!
- Word Search - Puzzle, Solution
- Crossword - Puzzle
- Crossword Solution -1. deserted; 2. Jesus; 3. shepherd; 4. eat
- Extra activities:
- This Week's Book Recommendation: Guiding Your Catholic Preschooler - There can be no greater delight in parenting than passing on the Faith to the next generation. To help with that glorious responsibility comes Guiding Your Catholic Preschooler, a parents' handbook to home-based instruction and guidance in our Catholic Faith, for the youngest members of the family. Filled with practical ideas, developmental guidelines, and a contagious enthusiasm for the treasures of the Catholic Faith, this exciting little guide makes raising truly Catholic kids one of life's greatest pleasures. Includes topics such as: - Prayer - Memorizing Basic Prayers and Scripture - Learning Tools - Holy Days of Obligation - Holy Seasons - Secular Holidays - Controlling Your Child's Sensory Input - Reject Temptation - Rosary prayers, favorite Catholic prayers, popular Catholic saints, and media resources.
- Current CatholicMom.com Contests
- Puppet/skit scripts at CatholicMom.com
- Teaching Catholic Kids - July 2009
- To Teach - July 2009 - Liturgy and Catechesis
About the Author
Laura Grace writes our lesson plans from St. Nicholas Chapel at the Pax River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland. Visit Laura at her blog at The Catholic Toolbox. Elyse A. is a student who enjoys her faith and writing. Margaret Dwyer, a wife and mother of 4 children, lives in Easton, MA and runs Vacation Bible School at her parish in addition to teaching CCD and serving on the Pastoral Council. Margaret credits a friend's persistent urging to pray the Rosary and attend Mass during the week during a difficult time as a pivotal moment in her life, and feels called to bring Catholics to a deeper faith life by promoting the sacraments and the Rosary!