My inbox is chock 'o block with good stuff that has been happening in the past few weeks while I've been busily scooting around the midwest speaking. My adorable nephew Tyler in the photo is taking the nap I need today!
Thought I'd share a few of these items with you in a quick way. More details on several of these to follow soon!
- The Office of Religious Education for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles has a new blog. Way to go Dione Grillo! Find them here.
- SQPN Connect has a new home here to replace the old and soon to be defunct Ning feature. Easy to find and a great place to "hang out" when you have five spare minutes and want to spend them with fun friends!
- Facebook is up to their revisions again - check out your privacy settings to double check what you and your children are putting "out there".
- Faith & Family will be sponsoring a great event on October 30. Join Danielle Bean, Rachel Balducci and me plus other great members from the F&F team at St. Michael's parish in North Andover, MA. Details here. Happy news for me, since I'll get to hang out with some of my favorite bloggers and make a side trip to visit Eric at Harvard. Be there!
- Father Robert Reed of Catholic TV was recently featured on NPR's "All Things Considered" discussing Catholic TV's move to include 3D videos - how cool is that!
- Speaking of cool priests - Fr. James Martin, SJ is all over the place. His great book The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything: A Spirituality for Real Life continues to occupy the top spot on the Catholic bestseller list at Amazon. He had a great post on The Huffington Post this week and was also featured over at BigThink with a video series. I loved his comments below on being a regular on Colbert - Go Fr. Jim!
- I'll be back tomorrow with more - hope you've had a terrific day!
About the Author
Lisa M. Hendey is the founder of CatholicMom.com, a bestselling author and an international speaker. A frequent radio and television guest, Hendey travels internationally giving workshops on faith, family, and communications. Visit Lisa at LisaHendey.com or on social media @LisaHendey for information on her speaking schedule or to invite her to visit your group, parish, school or organization. Visit Lisa's author page on Amazon.com.