Check out Lisa Hendey’s new book, The Handbook for Catholic Moms: Nurturing Your Heart, Mind, Body and Soul, now available at The Catholic Company, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Aquinas and More, or a Catholic bookstore near you!
Visit with Lisa Hendey of CatholicMom.com at the following upcoming events:
- Meet and Greet/Mom’s Night Out Event – Pauline Book Center, Culver City, CA – May 6, 2010, 6:30 pm – Event Details
- Meet and Greet/Mom’s Night Out Event – Pauline Book Center, San Diego, CA – May 7, 2010 6:30 pm – Event Details
- Book Signing – GodSpace Religious Books & Music – Thousand Oaks, CA – May 8, 2010 – 12 pm – 2 pm – Event Details
- Mother’s Day Book Signing – The Cathedral Gift Shop – Los Angeles, CA – May 9, 2010 – Event Details
Click on the links below to download each item
- Sunday’s Gospel
- Coloring Page
- Mass Worksheets – 7-10, 11-14
- Word Search – Puzzle, Solution
- Crossword – Puzzle
Solution – Across: 2. glorified; 3. another; 4. Judas; Down: 1. commandment; 4. John
- Lesson Plan
- Random Acts of Kindness File Folder Game (scroll down to this)
- The Golden Rule File Folder Game (scroll down to this)
- Moral Dilemmas Game (scroll down to this)
- Easter at CatholicMom.com
- Current CatholicMom.com Contests
- Pre K Lesson Plans – Updated Regularly
- Religious Education Articles by Laura Grace
- Homeschooling Resources
- Puppet/skit scripts at CatholicMom.com
- Teaching Catholic Kids - Great Resources from Our Sunday Visitor
- To Teach – Great Resources from USCCB
Thank you for your support of CatholicMom.com! A small portion of your purchase price goes to CatholicMom.com and enables us to continue providing these resources free of charge for families and parishes around the world.
Child's Guide To The Seven Sacraments - n this next volume of the bestselling Child's Guide series, Elizabeth Ficocelli makes the seven sacraments come alive for youngsters five to nine. We meet Dominic, a little boy who has a school assignment to do a report on the seven sacraments. The author presents the sacraments in simple and understandable terms, based on the truths of the Catechism. Each sacrament is referenced to its origin in scripture, and then presented in a way the child might experience it today. Throughout the book, there are interactive questions designed to encourage discussion between the child and parent or teacher "What is the name of your priest? Can you think of one special job he does?" There are also several Catholic terms which are explained on an appropriate level. Whether a child receives religious education through Catholic school or a supplemental catechism class, the book is helpful in explaining the seven sacraments and encouraging the child--and the parent--to make use of these special gifts from God.
About the Author
Laura Grace writes our lesson plans from St. Nicholas Chapel at the Pax River Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland. Visit Laura at her blog at The Catholic Toolbox. Elyse A. is a student who enjoys her faith and writing. Margaret Dwyer, a wife and mother of 4 children, lives in Easton, MA and runs Vacation Bible School at her parish in addition to teaching CCD and serving on the Pastoral Council. Margaret credits a friend's persistent urging to pray the Rosary and attend Mass during the week during a difficult time as a pivotal moment in her life, and feels called to bring Catholics to a deeper faith life by promoting the sacraments and the Rosary!