Each week on Thursday at 5:50 am PT, I have the pleasure of appearing for a short segment on the Son Rise Morning Show with Brian Patrick. Brian and I chat about the latest "tech" news that impacts upon Catholic families. I’ve decided to begin regularly sharing the links and topics here at CatholicMom.com in case you have an interest in "wired family" topics. To listen to the radio segment, click here. Here are the topics I’ll be looking at for this week’s show:
- Kinect - One of this year's most popular gifts is the Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures! for Xbox360, which has already sold 2.5 million units in less than a month. If you have a gamer in your house, there are some great websites to help you familiarize yourself with products before and after purchasing them. I recommend:
- Tech firms work online programs to keep kids safe - USA Today on Internet Safety for Kids
- Jumo - A Social Networking site aimed at letting users discover and support charitable causes, now in Beta
- Connecting with Youth Via Facebook - A great article for parishes and youth ministers looking to really reach teens with social networking efforts that work and have meaning
- A Parent's Pledge to Raise a Responsible Digital Citizen - Have you discussed this important part of your role as a parent?
About the Author
Lisa M. Hendey is the founder of CatholicMom.com, a bestselling author and an international speaker. A frequent radio and television guest, Hendey travels internationally giving workshops on faith, family, and communications. Visit Lisa at LisaHendey.com or on social media @LisaHendey for information on her speaking schedule or to invite her to visit your group, parish, school or organization. Visit Lisa's author page on Amazon.com.