1. I, together with my beloved spouse, played a part in the future of our society
2. Being pregnant, though miserably uncomfortable, I was able to experience something beyond my control and learn patience and endurance and prayer.
3. Seeing my beloved witness the birth of our children one by one, I was able to fall in love with him all over again with every tear of joy he shed. It was beautiful and unforgettable.
4. Sharing the responsibility of another life with my beloved spouse
5. Watching the progress of growth and development of each of our children is fascinating
6. Being at the receiving end of unconditional love is both wonderful and daunting, trying to live up to their little (BIG) expectations and sometimes failing is disappointing.
7. Seeing the world around us through the eyes of a child is the sweetest testament that there is a God I know of. Watching them discover their world is grand, I don't want to miss a moment!
8. Being able to tell them about their loving God and bringing them to Church, listening to their voices as they sing and pray is a true blessing.
9. Watching them interact with each other has been fun, not when they fight, but then when it blows over and they are friends again, we can giggle about their little skuddles.
10. Being there when they need me, being at the receiving end of a hug, little hand in mine, or the little voice behind me saying, "I love you, Mom" Priceless!
Copyright 2011 Ebeth Weidner
About the Author
Ebeth Weidner, a Master Catechist and cradle Catholic who considers herself a Catholic information junkie, writes from her heart about the faith and hope she finds in the Catholic Church. She is the author of “A Catholic Mom Climbing the Pillars” blog. She is the wife of a research science Professor and mom to 3 great young adults people living on the coastal side of North Carolina.