Justin Stroh, is an amazing Catholic speaker and podcaster that I listen to on one of my favorite podcasts, Catholic Vitamins. His ministry is focusing on "The New Evangelization" of the Catholic Church. Right now he is discussing the recently released document from the USCCB called, "Disciples Called to Witness: The New Evangelization" In this document, which is only 26 pages, the bishops cover the condition of the Catholic Church today and what we need to do to get her back up to where she should be with her believers.
For starters, in our current situation only 23% of Catholics attend Mass each week, below are the many reasons why the other 77% didn't. Surprisingly, it's not due to current controversial issues.
One of the most important thing we need to be doing as Catholic parents is spending time with our families, especially and most importantly on Sundays! You can listen to Justin's mini podcast, part 1/6 here
Copyright 2012 Ebeth Weidner
About the Author
Ebeth Weidner, a Master Catechist and cradle Catholic who considers herself a Catholic information junkie, writes from her heart about the faith and hope she finds in the Catholic Church. She is the author of “A Catholic Mom Climbing the Pillars” blog. She is the wife of a research science Professor and mom to 3 great young adults people living on the coastal side of North Carolina.