As we celebrate September, a month dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows, we observe three feasts this month that call us into a more devoted relationship with the Blessed Virgin Mary. This month, we celebrate:
- September 8 - The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- September 12 - The Most Holy Name of Mary
- September 15 - Our Lady of Sorrows
You know our team at CatholicMom.com loves Our Lady, and we also love our technology. We thought we'd share a few "tech tools" -- but also some "old fashioned" ones -- for you to know, love and share Mary. Enjoy!
- Total Consecration (iOS) - PetrosMedia.com - Easy way to follow St. Louis de Montfort's Total Consecration to ensure consecration falls on Marian Feast Day
- My Consecration (iOS) - Daily Preparation for total consecration - start 10/19 to end on Presentation of Mary (11/21)
- Catholic Meditations on the Life of Mary - Tool to help meditate upon the life of Mary, especially for October and May - chief incidents in Mary's life
- Mary App - designed by the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception in Stockbridge, Mass. Includes: Timeline of Mary's life in the Bible & through the years of Church history, Marian Dogmas, FAQs about Mary, Titles of Mary, Resources
- The Mary Page, University of Dayton
- AmericanCatholic.org Learning About Mary
- Marian.org - Marians of the Immaculate Conception
- Rosary Army
- Total Consecration at Following the Truth
- 33 Days to Morning Glory - Fr. Michael Gaitley shares Total Consecration with inspiration from St. Louis de Montfort, St. Maximilian Kolbe, Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Blessed John Paul II
Ways to Share Marian Devotion with others:
- Pray the Rosary with and for them - distribute "finger Rosaries"
- Create a home shrine to the Blessed Mother
- Cultivate a Mary Garden
- Display Marian art or statues
- Know and be prepared to explain the true Catholic teachings on Mary
As we immerse ourselves in this "month of Mary" - please share your favorite Marian devotions, books, tech tools and resources in the comments below. Our Lady of Sorrows, Pray for Us!
Copyright 2012 Lisa M. Hendey
About the Author
Lisa M. Hendey is the founder of CatholicMom.com, a bestselling author and an international speaker. A frequent radio and television guest, Hendey travels internationally giving workshops on faith, family, and communications. Visit Lisa at LisaHendey.com or on social media @LisaHendey for information on her speaking schedule or to invite her to visit your group, parish, school or organization. Visit Lisa's author page on Amazon.com.