Today, we celebrate the life of St. Dominic de Guzman (1170-1221), probably best known for his founding of a religious order or preachers (the Dominicans!) and his deep devotion to our Blessed Mother through the Rosary.
To celebrate this day, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite Rosary resources (listed here in no particular order):
- How to Pray the Rosary - From the website of the USCCB, a clear guide on how to pray the Rosary and several other devotional aids.
- Rosary Army - Dedicated to the making, praying and giving away of Rosaries. While you're there, be sure to download some of Greg and Jennifer Willits' Rosary Army podcasts, and especially their free downloadable audio Rosaries.
- 13 Essential Rosary Apps - A great roundup by my soul sister Sarah Reinhard that lists Rosary-related resources and also links to her favorite Rosary Apps.
- Susan Bailey's Sung Rosary and Scriptural Rosary Book - A beautiful way to pray the Rosary.
- Real Men Pray the Rosary - A great new book by David Calvillo, and it's not just for men...
- The Rosary: The Prayer that Saved My Life - New out from Immaculée Ilibagiza, I haven't read this book yet, but what's not to love about a book by this heroic women who had educated so many of us on the Rwandan genocide and has drawn us ever-closer to the Blessed Mother.
I could go on and on, but I want to leave room in the comments for YOU to share your favorite Rosary-related resources. I'll leave you for now with a quote attributed to St. Dominic, which should provide marching orders for all of us as we celebrate his life and teachings:
"Arm yourself with prayer rather than a sword;
wear humility rather than fine clothes."
A question for you: Are you devoted to praying the Rosary? What are some of your favorite Rosary related resources?
Copyright 2013 Lisa M. Hendey
About the Author
Lisa M. Hendey is the founder of CatholicMom.com, a bestselling author and an international speaker. A frequent radio and television guest, Hendey travels internationally giving workshops on faith, family, and communications. Visit Lisa at LisaHendey.com or on social media @LisaHendey for information on her speaking schedule or to invite her to visit your group, parish, school or organization. Visit Lisa's author page on Amazon.com.