- Pray for eyes to see your husband through Christ’s eyes.
- Pray for ears to hear your husband when he corrects you, as well as when he encourages you.
- Give yourself as gift to him first each day before giving to others.
- Pick one day a week to fast for your marriage.
- Ask God to heal past hurts, disappointments, and sins.
- Live your marriage sacrament with Christ in the center.
- Pray to have teachable hearts.
- Be a good example for the next generation to see what the vocation of marriage should look like.
- Bear with one another patiently, correcting each other in love and forgive each other from the heart.
- Thank God for the blessing of being in love with one another.
Copyright 2018 Ellen Mongan
About the Author
Ellen Mongan, a Catholic writer and speaker, has been married more than 40 years to Deacon Pat Mongan. They have 7 children and 12 grandchildren. Ellen is a host of WOW Radio Podcasts, a religious columnist for the Augusta Chronicle, and has spoken on both radio and television. She is the founder of Sisters in Christ, Little Pink Dress Ministry, and Women-Fests.