- “There is none righteous, no, not one” (Rom 3:10).
- “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God” (Rom 3:23).
- “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Rom 6:23).
- “If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (Rom 10:9-10).
- Did you see anything there about sacraments? It says believe and confess, and you will be saved. Confession to a priest? No. The Bible says that nowhere, and the Bible does not lie. Church attendance? Saints? Holy days of “obligation”? No. You must be saved, and that is all. You just read it yourself. Have you been saved? Will you go to heaven when you die? “For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life” (Joh 3:16). You must be saved, or go to hell and perish. It. Is. That. Simple.
Visit our Book Notes archive.
Copyright 2018 Sonja Corbitt
About the Author
Sonja Corbitt is the Bible Study Evangelista, a Catholic Scripture teacher with a story teller’s gift – a Southern Belle with a warrior’s heart and a poet’s pen. Catch her newest study series on Healing the Father Woundnow. . What's an "evangelista"? Find out at biblestudyevangelista.com . Instagram | Pinterest