What Back-to-School Resolutions will you make this year?
* Resolutions to help moms improve spiritually:- Add an extra 5-10 minutes of prayer time to your morning - Try praying the Litany of Hours, Angelus or a Rosary at noon (you can even set a reminder alert on your phone) - Add a daily morning Mass once a week - Attend a new Bible study class - Attend your church’s Adoration for an hour a week - Read a CatholicMom.com article every day!
* Resolutions to help moms improve physically:- Add a walk or 30-minute workout at least three times per week - Include a friend or family member/pet to help be more accountable and help them get physically fit as well! - Take time for haircuts and maybe treat yourself to a massage or pedicure once in awhile
* Resolutions to help moms improve intellectually:- Learn a new activity, skill or language - Take a college class for free - Read the latest Encyclical from Pope Francis online - Help your children with their homework and relearn algebra
* Resolutions to help moms improve socially:- Reach out to a different friend every week – either by visit, phone or hand-written letter - Visit an elderly relative monthly - Join a new class – whether it’s for exercise, church, book club, or local museum - Volunteer at a local food bank, homeless shelter, pregnancy center, or church-sponsored social ministry
* Resolutions to help moms improve emotionally:- Keep up with your favorite hobbies or activities, or resurrect an old forgotten one like coloring - Take time to sit and relax a little before that bus comes back up the street - Enjoy a bubble bath
What will you try this week from each category to celebrate a new school year? How will you try to grow as a Catholic mom?
Copyright 2018 Colleen Mallette
About the Author
Colleen lives in Ohio and is the proud mother of three young adults. She loves being a full-time stay-at-home mom and a part-time bookkeeper for her husband. She likes to read, write, scrapbook, and volunteer, and is excited to use her talents to share God’s love and the hope of His promises through CatholicMom.com. Colleen is co-author of “In Godʼs Hands, Miracles in the Lives of Moms” and blogs at Colleen's Contemplations.