While Thanksgiving is not a formal part of our Church calendar, the nature of our faith prompts us to give thanks on a regular basis to God, the giver of all things. This year we have many reasons to count our blessings and to pause to express our gratitude to the Lord. Take a few moments to enjoy the features below and feel free to share your own ideas and sentiments.
A Child's Grace for Thanksgiving
source: FIRST GRACES illustrated by Tasha Tudor
May God give us grateful hearts
And keep us mindful
of the needs of others.
For food and all the gifts of love,
We give thee thanks and praise.
Look down, O Father, from above,
and bless us all our days.
- Thanksgiving Faith Cartoons
- Giving Thanks during Hard Times
- Holidays Made Simple
- Thanksgiving Drinks for Little Pilgrims
- Create Traditions, Create Memories
- Cultivating Thankfulness in our families
- Coloring Images for Thanksgiving
- Fun Thanksgiving Craft and Activity Ideas for the whole family
- Thanksgiving on a Budget
- Thanksgiving Becomes a National Holiday
- Thanksgiving Giving Ideas
- Thanksgiving - The Harvest Feast
- Thanksgiving - Walk With Thanks
- How to Be A Good Guest at Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving "Ifs" Activity from USCCB
- Thanksgiving Family Gathering Placemat Activity from USCCB
Catholic Encyclopedia article on Thanksgiving
from New Advent
The Importance of Saying Thanks
from St. Anthony Messenger Faith Filled Family
E-mail your favorite holiday recipe, tradition or idea to
About the Author
Lisa M. Hendey is the founder of CatholicMom.com, a bestselling author and an international speaker. A frequent radio and television guest, Hendey travels internationally giving workshops on faith, family, and communications. Visit Lisa at LisaHendey.com or on social media @LisaHendey for information on her speaking schedule or to invite her to visit your group, parish, school or organization. Visit Lisa's author page on Amazon.com.