Today's recipe was contributed by Alice Di Gioia, author of 30 Days of Easy Entrees for the Single Vegetarian.
from 30 Days of Easy Entrees for the Single Vegetarian, www.alicedigioia.com
¾ cup (uncooked) Penne pasta
½ cup, about 12-14 Grape tomatoes
about 10 Cracked green olives - tip: pitted green olives can be substituted for cracked green olives
2 teaspoons Olive oil
4-5 medium fresh Basil leaves
¼ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
1. Boil about 1quart of cold water in a sauce pan. Add the penne and set a timer for 9 minutes for al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, cut the grape tomatoes in ½ lengthwise. Place on a serving plate.
3. Drain the cracked green olives and rinse with cold water. Add about10 to the serving plate with the tomatoes.
4. Drain the pasta and then return to the pan. Add the olive oil and toss to coat.
5. Place the penne on the serving plate and gently mix with the olives and tomatoes. Sprinkle feta cheese over the penne mixture then season with black pepper. Tear the basil leaves onto the mixture and serve.
Do you have a meatless recipe to share? Comment below or email Lisa@CatholicMom.com
About the Author
Lisa M. Hendey
Lisa M. Hendey is the founder of CatholicMom.com, a bestselling author and an international speaker. A frequent radio and television guest, Hendey travels internationally giving workshops on faith, family, and communications. Visit Lisa at LisaHendey.com or on social media @LisaHendey for information on her speaking schedule or to invite her to visit your group, parish, school or organization. Visit Lisa's author page on Amazon.com.