Today, we celebrate the Queenship of Mary. We're compiled a few resources to help you commemorate this day with thanksgiving for Mary, our Mother:
- USCCB Video Reflection on Queenship of Mary by Fr. Robert Reed of Catholic TV
- Queenship of Mary reflection at Saint of the Day, AmericanCatholic.org
- Queenship of Mary at CatholicCulture.org
- Hail Mary Puzzle – All you need is some heavy paper and a copy machine. Copy puzzle and have the children glue it on some heavy paper and color. Then have the children cut on the lines to make a puzzle. Have the children put the puzzle together to practice the prayer. Put puzzle pieces in an envelope or zip lock bag.
- Hail Mary Worksheet - To find out how well the students know the Hail Mary, have the students fill out the worksheet using the word bank.
- Mary Activities:
- Mary, Mother of God, Mother of Our Church Lesson Plan
- Mary is the Mother of the Church Crossword
- Mary is the Mother of the Church Double Puzzle – Unscramble each of the clue words. Unscramble each of the clue words. Copy the letters in the numbered cells to other cells with the same number to reveal the message.
- Mary is the Mother of the Church Word Search
- Rosary Lesson Plans
- Mary and the Angel Lesson Plan
To celebrate today in a special way with your family, pray the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary together. Tonight for dinner, have a special feast to celebrate Mary, our Queen and pray for Mary's guidance and support in any troubled areas of your life. Our Lady, Queen of Peace, pray for us!
About the Author
Lisa M. Hendey is the founder of CatholicMom.com, a bestselling author and an international speaker. A frequent radio and television guest, Hendey travels internationally giving workshops on faith, family, and communications. Visit Lisa at LisaHendey.com or on social media @LisaHendey for information on her speaking schedule or to invite her to visit your group, parish, school or organization. Visit Lisa's author page on Amazon.com.