Today on the Son Rise Morning Show with Brian Patrick, Brian and I discussed two important topics: preparing ourselves and our families for disasters and emergencies, and prayerfully remembering the victims of 9/11 as we commemorate the tenth anniversary of that tragic event. During the conversation, I shared several links and resources to aid you in both preparing and in remembering the 9/11 souls and families in your prayers.
To help you and your children be prepared in the event of a natural disaster or terrorist attack, check out the following resources:
- Ready.gov - a terrific "one stop shopping" resource to help you prepare
- Ready Kids - a child friendly resource with helpful printable tools to create an emergency kit and prepare emergency contact information for each member of the family
- Does your emergency kit have a cell phone? - a recent CNN article with a variety of tech recommendations to help your family prepare for disaster readiness
- Get Tech Ready - a "tech" checklist for getting prepared for emergencies
Prayerfully Remembering 9/11
- USCCB: The Catholic Church Remembers - numerous prayer and liturgical resources, Bishops' statements, remembrances and more
- Archdiocese of New York Remembering 9/11 Resources
- Facebook Memorials:
Finally, I invite you to spend ten minutes watching this amazing video prepared by Fr. James Martin, Culture Editor for America Magazine. Fr. Jim takes us on a pilgrimage to places in New York related to September 11 and recalls his personal involvement in the moments, days and weeks following the events of 9/11.
About the Author
Lisa M. Hendey is the founder of CatholicMom.com, a bestselling author and an international speaker. A frequent radio and television guest, Hendey travels internationally giving workshops on faith, family, and communications. Visit Lisa at LisaHendey.com or on social media @LisaHendey for information on her speaking schedule or to invite her to visit your group, parish, school or organization. Visit Lisa's author page on Amazon.com.