I don't know how other people parent, but there are moments when I wonder, was I sleepwalking through that period of life with respect to this child or that one? Recently, I've been reading some parenting books on discipline and I have to say, they're helping. They've calmed some of the chaos that normally takes over our home by five o'clock. Little things like pre-prepping dinner, big things like laying out the schedule for everyone to see, and things in between, like the recent institution of "The Bench." It began as many things do in our home, out of desperation.
Who started it doesn't matter, whether or not it will end in peace through forgiveness or by force of law (Both of you go to your rooms), is the real question.
- Rule 1: You must show up. Failure to show up equals a verdict against you with penalties for the court's time, ten pairs of socks folded. Everyone shows up.
- Rule 2: You may only testify against yourself about what YOU did wrong.
- Rule 3: Judge has final say on ruling. If justice cannot be reached, fairness will be the rule.
- Rule 4: Refusal to follow Judge's rulings results in the same penalty as not showing up. I'd really like the socks folded.
- Rule 5: Unspoken...Mom is a softy.
[inlinkz_linkup id=509069 mode=1]
Please note that as next Thursday, April 2, is Holy Thursday, "Small Success" will not be appearing next week. We'll resume on Thursday, April 9. May you and your family have a blessed Holy Week and Easter!
Copyright 2015 Sherry Antonetti