Today, Sherry shared about the struggle to find holiness when you feel bogged down in the minutia of motherhood. We have a desire to be epic in action, when motherhood is epic in scope. Sherry also touched on the importance of giving our children the gift of our undivided attention and how NOT to multi-task when it comes to raising children.
"Presence is the number one thing, and it's hard to be present when you subdivide your attention. It's the great temptation of the age."
Sherry Antonetti is a Catholic columnist for Catholicmom.com, freelance writer, and blogger. At her own blog “Chocolate For Your Brain!,” she writes humorous semi-accurate accounts of raising ten children. Sherry is the author of her first novel, The Book of Helen published by Museitup Publishers.
You can contact Sherry online:
- Email her sherryantonettiwrites at yahoo dot com
- Twitter, Facebook, Blog
- Sherry also hosts the weekly CatholicMom.com Small Success Thursdays, feel free to join her and share your small successess!
THANK YOU to our Sponsor
Thank you to our sponsor today, Sarah Reinhard!
Sarah sponsored the show today in honor of Mary and her book, Word by Word: Slowing Down with the Hail Mary. Word by Word is now available from Ave Maria Press (and from your local Catholic bookstore or online at your favorite book retailer). In it, Sarah Reinhard has gathered 40 different voices to take a look at why every word — from the “Hail” right down to every single “The” — is a critical part of this prayer. So often, we all tend to whip through the Hail Mary and rattle it off without really considering what we’re praying and saying. This book is sure to make you reconsider the prayer and, hopefully, draw you closer to the Blessed Mother and, through her, to Jesus. Be sure to check the show notes and order your copy today!
Sponsorship is wide open for the rest of the year! Thank you to all who have supported our CM Hangout project. If you'd like to help this project continue, the price is ripe now so send us an email to Lisa at CatholicMom dot com or Erika at onesimplemama at gmail dot com.
Mentioned this week:
- Pair your prayer life with your daily tasks.
- Offer an intention for someone with each Hail Mary as a sort of "Spiritual Abacus".
- Give your children attention by pausing what you're doing and looking at them in the eye while they speak.
- Support our podcast by making a $1 (or more) donation per episode at Patreon
- Subscribe to the show at iTunes or your favorite Android Podcast App
- Subscribe to the show at Youtube
- Share this project on social media using hashtag #CMHangout – this is also a great way to send feedback, to ask a question, or to propose future conversation topics
- Leave comments here on the blog each week to help us develop this as a fun and helpful project
Watch for a new episode of CM Hangout next Tuesday and please keep this project in your prayers!
See all the rest of our CM Hangouts right here!