- America is in spiritual crisis but we have the solution which is Jesus Christ through Our Lady and her Rosary. The film will be positive, hopeful, passionate & creative to bring the message across in an artistic manner.
- The goal is to lead the viewer to be open and receptive to “gaze on the Face of Jesus with Mary” by praying the Rosary to help bring about a spiritual transformation in America and beyond.
- The film will be captivating and engaging to inspire the viewer to respond.
- This 80 minute film & trailer will provide a message of hope.
- The film to represent the various ethnic cultures, i.e the faces of America.
- The rosary is all about encountering Jesus Christ.
- The simple and yet profound power of the Rosary for the family and peace.
- Nationally known Catholic evangelists such as Jeff Cavins; Doug Barry; Fr. Donald Calloway; Kelly Walhquist, Founder and Director of Women for the New Evangelization in Minneapolis; Sr. Mary Samuel, cofounder of the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist in Michigan; Lydia LoCoco; Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers from Portland, Oregon; Bishop Oliver Doeme from Nigeria; and Archbishop Jerome Listecki of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- The cast is graced with Deacon Henry Reyes; Nancy Salerno and family from Kenosha, Wisconsin; and Rebecca Rouboin, a young Catholic recording artist from Nashville who has a deep personal devotion to the Rosary which will resonate with young adults.
- This film is further graced with an appearance by Philip Rivers of the Los Angeles Chargers.
- We’ll hear from the Nancy Salerno, a wife and mother in Wisconsin, who has raised four children, one of whom is severely disabled, and how our Lady has carried her through the many ups and downs of raising a special-needs child.
- You’ll see the beautiful courtship of two young Catholics from Nashville – recording artist Rebecca Rouboin and Chris Czarka – who pray the rosary regularly together and ask for graces on their lives, a witness so needed for our young people today.
- Catholic evangelist, Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers, gives a beautiful witness to being raised fatherless, and tells how, miraculously, his father was moved in a radical conversion toward our Lady and the Church.
Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers
This film will provide encouragement, hope, and a much needed spiritual boost for families around the world ... The line-up of people scheduled to be part of this project is amazing! I know that the Lord and His Mother will be pleased with the final product. Thanks again for all you do for the Church through the Rosary Evangelization Apostolate. Please be assured of my continued prayers and support. God bless!
I think America needs this right now. Mothers need it. Fathers need it. The family needs it. ... I don't know of a time in our history where we have needed the rosary more than right now. Because what the rosary does, as St. John Paul II says, it beats the rhythm of human life.
On the football field I have power, mainly because the ball is in my hands every single play. But it is in largely how useful that power is depends on my preparation, my decision-making, where I decide to throw it, all of those things. With the Rosary, the power in my hands is a lot less dependent on me. Just by being obedient and praying the Rosary, I am giving the power to God almighty, and our Blessed Mother as the greatest intercessor there is, to then use her power, their power to shed graces, pour graces on us and on the whole world.
Kelly Walhquist“To pray the rosary as a family, powerful, powerful. And not so much just what our prayers can do and the graces from those prayers, but look what it did for my family.” How is this project affecting your faith?
Working on this film project has truly helped me to encounter Christ deeper and to a greater sense that there is hope amidst the spiritual crisis of this age. This has brought me to an ever greater realization of the need to bring Christ to others in this age when there are little signs of hope, mercy, compassion and love for the dignity of the human person. Individuals and families, regardless of their station in life have a spiritual hunger which needs to be filled with the love of Christ through Our Lady. We need to bring hope to others and that is the core message for the film Power In My Hands.
Copyright 2018 Rosary Evangelization Apostolate
About the Author
We welcome guest contributors who graciously volunteer their writing for our readers. Please support our guest writers by visiting their sites, purchasing their work, and leaving comments to thank them for sharing their gifts here on CatholicMom.com. To inquire about serving as a guest contributor, contact editor@CatholicMom.com.