Tips for Making Time for Prayer in the Summer
- Pray Upon Waking. Even if you have a busy day ahead, say your Morning Prayer. Thank God for the beautiful day and the family he has given you.
- Pray Before Meals. As simple as this is, it is important. Take the time to thank God for your food and the time with family and friends. It make a difference for you and for God.
- Pray Before Driving Together. During the summer, families drive together more often a good bit of the time. When you see an accident and even before you leave your own driveway, say a prayer together.
- Go To Eucharistic Adoration. It doesn't have to be a set time, but stop in at Adoration when you are able to. Even just a short visit to say "hi" to Jesus and offer prayers is BIG.
- Daily Mass. Try to make daily Mass as often as you can. If you are late risers, check whether a local Catholic nursing home in your area offers daily Mass at a later time. Some churches offer night Masses once or twice a week. This could also be an option for those who are busy during the day.
- Participate in VBS. Some communities offer Vacation Bible School. Many of the Catholic churches do too. Check it out. This will surely enhance your family's prayer life.
- Pray before Bed. Whether you would pray a Rosary or a Chaplet of Divine Mercy at night, make the time for family prayer before bedtime. This is a wonderful nightly experience and powerful.
What's your goal for enhancing family prayer this summer?
Copyright 2018 Anne DeSantis
About the Author
Anne DeSantis is a Catholic wife and mother of two grown daughters. She has written for CatholicMom since 2016. She is the director for the St. Raymond Nonnatus Foundation, with outreach to families affected by divorce and separation. Anne is a 55+ model/actress and the Host of the on-line TV show "The Positive Side on RVNTV." Learn more about her work at AnneDeSantis.com.