- Repentance and faith.
- Renunciation of evil spirits.
- Taking authority over those spirits.
- The Father’s blessing.
Trying out the keysAs we learned these five keys, we tried them out on one another. Instead of believing the lie that I could never do this right, my confidence grew that the Lord could use me in this ministry. That attitude developed from many healings I experienced through ordinary people in the Unbound ministry with no extraordinary powers. Using the keys, I then helped them discover and renounce the hidden roots of their difficulties that blocked their freedom. I heard reactions from “I feel lighter as if a heavy load of furniture shifted from my core” to “Unbound by the Blood of Christ. My spirit is dancing and celebrating with the Lord.” The Unbound conference displayed the Holy Spirit working beautifully among many strangers with the common goal of freedom, yet with such different blocks to unlock and remove. The blocks are lies we believe are part of us such as, “I can never do anything right. I don’t belong. God could never forgive me. I’m a victim.” When the light of God’s truth shines on these lies, the pain of traumas such as addiction to pornography, death of a child or parent, child abuse, abortion, and abandonment are healed. Forgiving others and ourselves is no longer impossible. As we recognize hidden guilt, fear and self-condemnation we are able to take responsibility for our sins and renounce their roots. The Father’s blessing restores our self-worth.
Basic truthsNeal says that the Unbound model works from several basic truths:
- Because of Jesus, we have hope and can ask for the blessing we need.
- Jesus is our hope; He is our savior.
- Jesus saves us from sin and from Satan’s plan for our lives.
- Jesus reveals to us our hearts so that we can repent.
- Jesus gives us the power to forgive others and to renounce the enemy in our lives.
- We have authority over the devil’s influence in our lives in the name of Jesus.
- God wants to bless us by revealing who we are, so we might fulfill our destiny.
What lies in your life need the Unbound keys to freedom?
Visit our Book Notes archive.
Copyright 2014, 2018 Nancy HC Ward
About the Author
Nancy Ward authored Sharing Your Catholic Faith Story: Tools, Tips, and Testimonies (and the DVD) and contributed to The Catholic Mom's Prayer Companion. She loves to share her conversion story and give evangelization workshops and retreats equipping others to share their faith. She facilitates the DFW Catholic Writers, Catholic Writers Guild Nonfiction Critique Group, serves on their Board, and speaks at writers’ conferences. Learn more at JoyAlive.net and NancyHCWard.com.