Will nature prevail or will technology once again crush beauty from the world?Setup
- Place the game board between two players sitting directly across from each other.
- Place the three Elemental standees on the three Shrines.
- Put the four Victory Point Cards near the board, face-up.
- Sort the Lore Tokens by type, shuffling them into three face-down stacks. Flip the top token from each stack.
- Give six Shrine Tokens to each player, making sure the player has the appropriate side face-up.
- Give ten Haven Tokens to each player, cogs to the City and leaves to the Forest.
- Give each player a player aid and have them claim all the cards in their player color. Remove and set aside one of each Offering Card (Leaf, Water, and Stone).
- Shuffle Seekers, Offerings, and Lore power separately to make three decks. Then, place these decks face-down on your side of the board in their corresponding spaces.
- Each player has four cards in their starting hand (one Seeker card, and the three Offering cards set aside earlier).
- Forest gets a bonus Lore card and City always begins the game.
- Perform Up to two Actions
- Declare a Lore Token first, and then add a Seeker from your hand (face-down) or Seeker deck (face-up) underneath said Lore Token.
- Remove one of your Seekers from underneath one of the Lore Tokens.
- Play a Lore Power card (once per turn) from your hand, perform its action, and then discard it.
- Draw two cards in any combination from your three decks of cards. (Note: If you have no Offering Cards, you must draw at least one. Also, if you draw an Elemental, immediately play it and draw a replacement.)
- If a Lore Token, has three or more Offerings between both sides, flip over all the Seekers. If someone has a total Lore value exceeding the Lore Token value, they discard all their cards. Add up weapons on the cards and winner puts a token on the Shrine where that Elemental standee was located and loser moves the standee to a new empty spot. If you have the majority of shrines surrounding a haven, place one of your tokens on it. Then, add up the value of each player’s Lore on the Seeker cards. Winner receives the Lore Token.
- Place one Offering Card from your hand on your side of any Lore Token.
- End your turn by discarding down to seven cards. Check for the end game by determining if one or more Elemental standees have been removed or if all Lore Tokens of one type have been claimed. If not, then end your turn and play passes to your opponent.
See all our Family Game Night articles here.
Copyright 2019 Stuart Dunn Your purchase of the resources mentioned here through Amazon affiliate links benefits the author of this article.
About the Author
Stuart Dunn was born and raised in Mobile, AL and received a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and a Master of Business Administration from the University of South Alabama. Stuart reviews all things Catholic including adult books, children’s books, Bible Study series, Catholic Courses, CDs, and DVDs in addition to board games at his blog Stuart’s Study at StuartsStudy.blogspot.com.