- Always dress nice for church; after all, you are entering the palace of the King of kings. And while you are there, listen when it is time to be quiet and speak up when it is time to respond.
- Make time for pray every day. If you try to “find time,” it will always be elusive.
- Never feel you are too grown to come to us for guidance. Truly, we have trodden the path you are taking before you. Much of the advice we will give you was given to us by our parents – it is generational wisdom.
- Always be honest: with yourself and with those around you. Speak with charity, but always speak truth.
- Shine! It is a dark, confused world we live in; it needs the Light of Christ. You have been given that Light! So shine! Do not let those in the world confuse you, bully you, shut you up, or tear you down. In peace and love, share the Truth.
Copyright 2019 Kelly Guest
About the Author
Kelly Guest was blessed to be a Dominican Sister of St. Cecilia for five years. There she received the many graces she draws upon today as a wife and mother of nine children. Wishing to share with other moms encouragement on our quest to become holy through motherhood, she blogs at Nun2Nine.com and CatholicMom.com. You can also find her on Twitter and Instagram @nun2nine. Kelly's book, Saintly Moms: 25 Stories of Holiness, is due out October 1, 2021.