- Zucchini fritters (St. Justin Martyr, Palestine)
- Syrian meatloaf (St. Ephrem the Syrian)
- Minestrone (St. Aloysius Gonzaga, Italy) -- look for this recipe here on CatholicMom.com on June 21!
- Honey cake (St. John the Baptist, Israel)
- Saintly meal (St. Josemaría Escrivá, Spain): Gazpacho, Paella, Crema Catalana, Strawberries with sugar and vinegar
- Turkish Semolina Cookies (St. Terence) in the cookie section
Visit our Book Notes archive.
Copyright 2019 Barb Szyszkiewicz, OFS This article contains Amazon affiliate links; your purchases through these links benefit the author.
About the Author
Barb Szyszkiewicz is a wife, mom of 3 young adults, and a Secular Franciscan. She is editor at CatholicMom.com. Barb enjoys writing, cooking, and reading, and is a music minister at her parish and an avid Notre Dame football and basketball fan. Find her blog at FranciscanMom and her family’s favorite recipes with nutrition information for diabetics at Cook and Count. Her booklet, The Handy Little Guide to Prayer, is available now from Our Sunday Visitor.