- What an effective witness the little things can be like flashing a smile, wearing a crucifix or saying, “God bless you” to those who serve us.
- At school, using assignments to express your beliefs or showing love to a student sitting alone at lunch.
- Ask people where they are in their faith. Without criticizing, share what you believe.
- Be on the lookout for opportunities as you go about life. Have your radar up, and make deliberate intentional efforts.
- Don’t tell people what they should do. For instance, don’t say, “You should believe in God.” Instead, say, “This is why I believe.”
Visit our Book Notes archive.
Copyright 2019 Nancy HC Ward This article contains Amazon affiliate links; your purchases through these links benefit the author.
About the Author
Nancy Ward authored Sharing Your Catholic Faith Story: Tools, Tips, and Testimonies (and the DVD) and contributed to The Catholic Mom's Prayer Companion. She loves to share her conversion story and give evangelization workshops and retreats equipping others to share their faith. She facilitates the DFW Catholic Writers, Catholic Writers Guild Nonfiction Critique Group, serves on their Board, and speaks at writers’ conferences. Learn more at JoyAlive.net and NancyHCWard.com.