Looking for an Italian dish that’s on the healthy side? This baked zucchini doesn’t require any frying and isn’t drenched in bread crumbs. That helps cut the calories. This is seriously one of the easiest, quickest meals to prep and so healthy and delicious. You can serve it as a side with an Italian meal or serve as a main course with pasta.
[caption id="attachment_172154" align="aligncenter" width="1200"] Copyright 2020 Andrea Bear. All rights reserved.[/caption]
Healthy Baked Zucchini
- 3 or 4 zucchini (green or yellow) sliced ¾ inch thick or one zucchini sliced in three pieces (depending on the size)
- Sliced mozzarella
- Your favorite marina sauce
- Cooked pasta, 3-4 cups (we use brown rice pasta)
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil pieces for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Take a clear Pyrex dish and line sliced zucchini along the bottom. Then layer mozzarella slices over the zucchini. Top with your favorite marinara sauce. (I make my own sauce but you can use store-bought sauce.) Cover the zucchini with sauce until fully saturated.
- Place foil over the top and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until zucchini is tender to touch.
- Serve over your favorite pasta and sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese and chopped basil to garnish.
[tweet "For #MeatlessFriday try our Baked Zucchini #recipe"]
Copyright 2020 Andrea Bear
About the Author
Andrea Bear is a wife, mom, and teacher in Northern California. She runs a blog called Life in the Grace Lane and also contributes to Catholic Stand and Today's Catholic Teacher magazine. When she's not writing or taking her kids to volleyball practice you can find her sipping coffee from the neighborhood coffee establishments or tasting wine from the local vineyards.