This week on CatholicMom.com’s CM Hangout Podcast, co-hosts Erika Marie and Gina Felter welcome back our returning guests and CatholicMom.com contributors Michele Faehnle ("like family with an 'n'") and Emily Jaminet, authors of the newly-released book, Divine Mercy for Moms: Sharing the Lessons of St. Faustina. Today Erika, Gina and Michel and Emily share how they incorporate the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy into their lives as mothers in and out of the home.
Michele Faehnle is a mother of 4 from Columbus, Ohio. She received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the Franciscan University of Steubenville. Michele enjoys volunteer work and is the co-chair of the Columbus Catholic Women’s Conference. She is currently co-authoring her first book with CatholicMom.com contributor Emily Jaminet titled Divine Mercy for Moms: Sharing the Lessons of St. Faustina through Ave Maria Press.
Emily Jaminet holds a B.A. from Franciscan University of Steubenville in Mental Health and Human Services. Emily has 6 children and one on the way. She tries to see Christ in the very moments of motherhood! She is currently co-authoring her first book titled Divine Mercy for Moms: Sharing the Lessons of St. Faustina through Ave Maria Press. She is actively involved in her children's 3 Catholic schools and is on the Leadership Board of the Columbus Catholic Women's Conference.
Thank you to our Sponsor!
Thank you to Ave Maria Press for sponsoring this episode of the CatholicMom.com CM Hangout. Ave Maria Press invites you to read Divine Mercy for Moms: Sharing the Lessons of St. Faustina, by Michele Faehnle and Emily Jaminet, for busy moms to explore and deepen their personal devotion to Divine Mercy. The authors break open the history, practices, and prayers associated with the devotion and guide mothers to receive God’s message of Divine Mercy. Find it here and wherever books and eBooks are sold.
Sponsorship is open for the rest of the year! Thank you to all who have supported our CM Hangout project. If you'd like to help this project continue, the price is ripe now so send us an email to Lisa at CatholicMom dot com or Erika at onesimplemama at gmail dot com.
Mentioned this week:
- Divine Mercy for Moms website and blog
- Checklists for the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy for Busy Moms and check back on Wednesday, February 10 for more!
- Mary's Meals - bringing 1.1 million children a meal for only a dime a day.
- Child 31 Video about the Mary's Meals program.
- Zojirushi Thermos with a lock
- put tea or your own brewed coffee in here and use the money saved on going out for coffee for someone in need.
- Columbus Ohio Catholic Womens Conference
You’re invited to be a part of this show. We invite you to the conversation:
- Subscribe to the show at iTunes or your favorite Android Podcast App
- Subscribe to the show at Youtube
- Share this project on social media using hashtag #CMHangout – this is also a great way to send feedback, to ask a question, or to propose future conversation topics
- Leave comments here on the blog each week to help us develop this as a fun and helpful project
Watch for a new episode of CM Hangout next Tuesday and please keep this project in your prayers!
See all the rest of our CM Hangouts right here!
[Support the CM Hangout through any purchases made via the Amazon Affiliate Links included in this post.]
(Please excuse the audio interruptions due to unforeseen technical difficulties.)