- Call her on her birthday and Mother's Day
- Call her just to talk on just a regular day of the week - for no reason at all!
- Go to church together.
- Go to a movie she wants to see and then talk about it later.
- Go for a walk with Mom.
- Let her play with the kids.
- Let her take one or more of the kids on an outing.
- Ask her advice.
- Take her advice.
- Tell her you love her.
- Have a photo taken of just you two.
- Have a photo taken of Mom with all of her children.
- Take a generational photo of Mom and her kids and grandkids.
- Ask Mom about her mom.
- Ask Mom about what it was like when she was growing up.
- Ask Mom how she met your dad.
- Write all of that stuff down so you don't forget it!
- Go through her pictures and find out all you can about the events and the people in them.
- Take a trip together, even if it's just a day trip.
- Let the kids spend the night at Grandma's house so they can make some memories too!
Copyright 2018 Elena LaVictoire
About the Author
Elena LaVictoire is a graduate of Baker College and a retired medical transcriptionist. She is married and homeschooled six children. Elena is a public speaker on the topics of marriage, homeschooling, and confirmation preparation. She was also a contributing author to The Catholic Mom’s Prayer Companion. Elena practices and performs with her flute and records with the Peace Together Choir. She blogs at MyDomesticChurch.com.