- Always Discerning: An Ignatian Spirituality for the New Millennium by Joseph A. Tetlow, SJ – this has been in my “to read” basket for 2 years!
- What is Ignatian Spirituality? By David L. Fleming, SJ – This has only been in the basket for a year, but I need to read it for upcoming coursework in Spiritual Direction.
- You Are Enough, What Women of the Bible Teach You about Your Mission and Worth by Danielle Bean – this is a very recent addition!
- Blessed, Beautiful and Bodacious: Celebrating the Gift of Catholic Womanhood by Pat Gohn – recent addition, the chapters titles are intriguing!
- The Benedict Option: A Strategy for Christians in a Post-Christian Nation by Rod Dreher – on loan from my son-in-law
- Be Brave in the Scared by Mary Lenaburg – not out yet but will be in May. I follow her on Instagram and I am always entertained or edified or both!
- Your Best Year Ever by Michael Hyatt – bought this last year for 2018 and did not get to it.
- Merton’s Palace of Nowhere by James Finley – currently reading this with friends and we won’t finish until next year.
- Seeking Spiritual Direction: How to Grow the Divine Life Within by Thomas Dubay, SM – also for upcoming coursework
- Daily Reading/Reflection: Sacred Reading: The 2019 Guide to Daily Prayer; The Examen Journal: Finding God Everyday by Mary Williams
Visit our Book Notes archive.
Copyright 2018 Deanna Bartalini
About the Author
Deanna G. Bartalini is a Catholic writer, speaker, educator and retreat leader. She is the founder of the LiveNotLukewarm.com community, a place to inform, engage and inspire your Catholic faith through interactive Bible studies, courses and book clubs. Her weekly podcast, Not Lukewarm Podcast, gives you tips and tools to live out your faith. At DeannaBartalini.com she writes about whatever is on her mind at the moment.