The existence of the spiritual, non-corporeal beings that Sacred Scripture usually calls "angels" is a truth of faith. (CCC 228; emphasis mine) With their whole beings the angels are servants and messengers of God. (CCC 329; emphasis mine) From its beginning until death, human life is surrounded by their watchful care and intercession. Beside each believer stands an angel as protector and shepherd leading him to life. (CCC 336; emphasis mine)How can you celebrate the Guardian Angels as a family?
Here are a few thoughts:
- Incorporate the Guardian Angel prayer into your daily prayer routine in the morning or at night.
- Have an “angel” themed meal. (Consider angel hair pasta with angel food cake for dessert! Or how about some chicken wings followed by angel wings for dessert?)
- Create an “Angel Wing” award for each family member to collect as they show kindness, encourage another, pray for each other, stand up for another, etc.
- Hang a guardian angel above each child’s bed
- Get a keychain angel charm to hang off coats or backpacks.
- Find a guardian angel plush for the kids to sleep with if they are still in that stage.
Copyright 2019 Rakhi McCormick
About the Author
Rakhi is a Catholic wife and mother who works in parish communications part-time while trying to keep up with her husband, three young children, and a growing creative business. She is a convert from Hinduism and spent many years working in young adult and campus ministry. Rakhi’s blog and artwork can be found at The Pitter Patter Diaries, where her mission is to share the love of Christ with the world.