Is Friday night pizza night at your house? We love pizza too! Sometimes I wish I knew the trick to tossing dough like a pizza pro (and that brick oven would be nice as well).
Whether you make your own pizza or get takeout, you know that pizza is all about the toppings. I pulled out all the pizza menus I could find and came up with a bunch of meatless ways to top your next pizza.
Try these meatless toppings and combos for your Friday-night pizza! You won't even miss the pepperoni.
- Sweet bell peppers
- Hot peppers
- Black olives
- Sliced tomatoes
- Roasted red peppers
- Jalapeño peppers
- Greek Feta pizza
- White pizza (no tomatoes) with any toppings above
- Sweet peppers and onions
- 3 cheese (mozzarella, provolone and parmigiana)
- Garlic, mushrooms, onions, eggplant and parmigiana
- "Veggie Works:" spinach, broccoli, tomatoes and zucchini
- Shrimp scampi pizza: olive oil, shrimp, parmigiana, parsley
- Pizza cacciatore: mushrooms, fried onions, green peppers
- Margherita pizza: fresh basil, tomato chunks, extra virgin olive oil, fresh mozzarella
- Grilled veggie pizza: grilled zucchini, eggplant, roasted peppers, and onions with extra virgin olive oil and mozzarella
- Bruschetta pizza: garlic, tomatoes, fresh basil and spices topped with mozzarella cheese and extra virgin olive oil
- Pizza caprese: sliced tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella
- Veggie pesto pizza: fresh eggplant, garlic, caramelized onions, roasted red pepper, feta cheese and pesto sauce
- Baby clam pizza: chopped tomato, extra virgin olive oil, baby clams and basil sauce with mozzarella
- Fried eggplant, fresh mozzarella, Romano cheese and basil
- Garlic, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, broccoli and tomatoes
- Pizza rustica: mozzarella, roasted peppers, black olives, scallions and fresh tomatoes
- Pizza carciofo: mozzarella cheese, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes
- Pizza tirreno: clams and shrimp with mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and garlic
- Pizza amore: sauteed roasted peppers, garlic, mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes
- Spinach and ricotta with mozzarella and parmigiana
- Hold the cheese: olive oil, oregano, fresh tomato, red onions and garlic
- Pizza primavera: plum tomatoes, red onions, mushrooms and broccoli
MAKE YOUR OWN
Check out these CatholicMom.com articles on pizza you can make at home:
Copyright 2015 Barb Szyszkiewicz, OFS.
Photo copyright 2015 Barb Szyszkiewicz, OFS. All rights reserved.
About the Author
Barb Szyszkiewicz is a wife, mom of 3 young adults, and a Secular Franciscan. She is editor at CatholicMom.com. Barb enjoys writing, cooking, and reading, and is a music minister at her parish and an avid Notre Dame football and basketball fan. Find her blog at FranciscanMom and her family’s favorite recipes with nutrition information for diabetics at Cook and Count.